The Grove Park Inn Photograph Collection contains over 350 photographs that document the building of the Grove Park Inn in 1912-13. Many of the photographs were taken by photographer John B. Robinson. Inn owner Edwin Wiley Grove enlisted his son-in-law Fred Seely to construct the inn, based on drawings Seely developed. Seely promised that the Inn would be open for business in less than a year from ground breaking. Seely delivered on his promise and the Grove Park Inn opened on July 12, 1913.
The Grove Park Inn Photograph Collection is a collaborative effort between Special Collections at UNC Asheville and the Grove Park Inn. Copyright is owned by the Grove Park Inn. For more information please see the Grove Park Inn Photograph Collection finding aid.